Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ice Storm

Last week (or was it the week before??? I can't remember now) we had an ice storm here in Columbus. We had a small one in St. Louis, but not quite like this. I decided to grab my camera and take some pictures of the ice that the boys were chipping off the driveway.


Here is the ice after they had been chipping away for a while...



The boys having fun getting rid of the ice (remember the roads are all covered also, they just don't look like it!)


Some ice on the branches (look closely)

More ice on the branches (yes, those are Christmas lights in the background!)

The prettiest part this storm was the next morning. The temperatures didn't get above freezing so all the ice stayed on the brances of the trees. The next day we drove out to Chad's work and we pass a very wooded area on the freeway. The sun was out and shining and the ice on the trees was soooo pretty in the sunlight!!! It looked like a silver forest, one of the prettiest things I think I have ever seen. I could've kicked myself for not having my camera with me! Next time I will!!!

No comments: