Wednesday, July 2, 2008

FUN AT THE LAB

Today Chad called me up and said we should come out to the lab so that he could freeze a wart off of Josh's finger (hmm...somehow he's getting PhD mixed up with MD!!!)...but hey, we were bored and needing something to do, so we climbed into the van and headed out!

After freezing off Josh's wart with liquid nitrogen, Chad then proceeded to show the boys what else you can do with liquid nitrogen. So....... four little scientists playing with liquid nitrogen...They froze a glove, dumped it onto the floor and watched it turn into little bouncing beads, and then Chad filled a tube up with it, sealed it and then it EXPLODED. Chad was not expecting that...it about took out my eye and bruised Chad's thumb. That's when the mom in me kicked in and I said "NO MORE LIQUID NITROGEN EXPERIMENTS IN THE LAB!"



Freezing off Josh's wart (OUCH!!)
Freezing the glove


Just before the tube exploded!





Fun with liquid nitrogen

After I put a stop to the liquid nitrogen...this is what the boys found to entertain themselves.

4 comments:

Spencer and Heather said...

What a cool Dad!!

Samantha said...

Yay! I love playing with N2. I can't believe Chad didn't know the eppendorf would explode?? We used to plant the as little surprises around our lab. Too much time on our hands I guess. It works great with dry ice too!

123 said...

I have a little wart on my hand, do you think Chad would freeze it off for me?

M and N mmm mmm good said...

Your an awesome dad!! Can we do that whenever we get to come see you?