Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sanibel

Sunday I returned from a "Girls Weekend" trip with some very dear friends. It was wonderful to catch up with each other (we get together every 2 years) and enjoy the long weekend. We went to Sanibel, Florida and had fun biking, kayaking, laying on the beach and collecting shells (the beaches were FULL of shells, I've never seen so many!)



No kids, no husband...jumping for joy!


Shells, shells everywhere




We found live sand dollars while out swimming in the ocean...it was so exciting!



Showing off our Sand Dollars (we let them go after our "photo shoot")



Friends


Enjoying the beach



Look at all those shells!




Beautiful sunrise



To the beach!


5 comments:

Gasik Clan said...

ISn't the gulf side of Florida beautiful! We only made it over there a few times, but it was so fun and so warm!

Teresa said...

Good for you for taking a break (in such a beautiful place) AND doing such a great job of keeping in touch with friends.

Amy said...

Hey, look at those lovely, familiar faces! How fun! I'm so glad you all found that time for yourselves!

Rachel said...

Wow, you got some great pictures! It was so fun getting together. I can't wait until our next trip!

Kim Goddard said...

I am so glad that you had so much fun! Sounds like we need to do a sister trip! hint, hint. How about you put that together, tell me when, and where...and I'll be there! :) Miss you!